$195 Asana JumpStart: Contact us
Not sure where to start? Want to unlock Asana basic and advanced secrets? No time to read all the Asana help? A one-hour screen share + follow-up will leave you with proven solutions, best practices, and your questions answered.
About Larry Berger, Asana Certified Pro Consultant
Larry Berger , is one of just a few leading Asana consultants worldwide, and an expert in Asana usage, workflows, and API. He is a project and staff manager with over twenty years of enterprise (Fortune 500), small business, and freelance experience.
- One of the first Asana Certified Pro Consultants worldwide; certified during pilot program
- Early Asana adopter in 2012, longtime Asana consultant, beta tester, and friend of Asana
- Creator of the versatile and popular Asana2Go app: over 9k installations and all 5-star reviews
- Asana Community Forum Leader and active contributor
- #1 (ahead of Asana personnel) in Forum posts read (86k+) and #2 in posts viewed (15k+)
- In the top three, besides Asana personnel, for likes received (3k+) and replies (2k+)
Larry's background is in management of complex, startup- and enterprise-level software design and development. He has held lead roles as information architect, interaction designer, usability specialist, and developer.
"As our Asana usage increased, updating our workflow process was a daunting task for us. Larry helped us develop an improved process that saved us time and reduced confusion. Larry is great at presenting alternatives for implementation along with their costs and benefits. He went above and beyond by taking the time to coach us on the latest and greatest product improvements. Through his expert guidance and recommendations, I have become a stronger Asana user. With my increased knowledge, I have the confidence to support our team and keep us performing at a high level. Asana is a tool with many possibilities, but Larry helped us find the solutions that worked best for us. I highly recommend his services."
Asana Consulting / Integrations
We begin with an assessment: Do you even need a consultant? If not, I'll tell you so and point you to Asana’s extensive self-study content.
Asana can be likened to a workshop of power tools: It offers many powerful features with few prescribed solutions, especially for your unique needs. I can help you navigate Asana's landscape to deploy appropriate, creative solutions.
I'll demonstrate alternatives from my library of customized workflow solutions and help you select from among them to put in place an architecture that will meet your goals while avoiding rework and dead ends.
Here are some ways we work with clients:
"You may be the answer to our prayers! Your remarkable sessions and Asana guidance are enabling us to reach the organizational development vision we have for this company, even in the midst of Covid response."
- Leverage your investment in Asana and improve productivity
- Streamline your existing Asana workflows
- Do more with Asana throughout your organization
- Create and implement Asana deployment and onboarding plans
- Work alongside your team; ensure best practices take hold
- Implement off-the-shelf Asana integrations with your favorite applications
- Design and implement no-code/low-code integrations facilitated by tools such as Zapier and IFTTT
Asana Citizen Training
- Train your team quickly, efficiently, and cost-effectively using Larry's custom training plan, Asana Citizen Training
- Suitable for those brand new to Asana and for Asana users looking to level up
- Your team learns Asana from within your existing Asana environment
- Each team member receives their own Asana 101 project with a dozen short modules to complete at their own pace (about two hours total)
- A half-dozen supporting projects provide ongoing references like how to get more help, advanced topics for further study, best practices, etc.
- Curated multimedia and proprietary learning resources are focused on just those topics a good Asana Citizen must know to effectively collaborate with others and complete their own work in Asana
- A simple dashboard allows tracking completion across your team
- Contact us to learn more about Asana Citizen Training and see a demo
"The Asana Citizen Training was so great in helping me deeply understand what Asana can be used for and how I can collaborate with my teammates; I loved learning about how to customize My Tasks and templates to make overlapping projects more organized and streamlined."
Why Asana Consulting?
Asana is a deceptively simple app that offers remarkable power and benefits for: individuals, teams, and entire organizations. Most clients I encounter are only seeing a fraction of the potential value from their Asana implementation. They're unaware of the vast range of solutions, workflows, and features Asana provides.
Even just comprehending what Asana can do is a struggle for many. I present Asana as:
- Work management and tracking: Bread-and-butter Asana usage to know who's doing what by when, eliminate work about work, and prevent tasks from falling through the cracks
- Project management: Complex or simple, no project manager required; what's the status, what's next, and what's left to do
- Workflows/pipelines/mini-applications: Streamline and standardize processes, e. g., an editorial calendar, recruiting tracker, or approach to manage 1:1s with your staff
- Information repositories: E. g., department policies/procedures, project documentation, even a lightweight CRM
When so many needs can be so well-accommodated by Asana, many benefits accrue if you more fully utilize Asana, perhaps even eliminating redundant apps from your tool landscape:
- Greater productivity
- Enhanced collaboration
- Clarity and simplicity
- Reduced costs
Our Asana Consulting services will enable you to unlock these benefits quickly, effectively, and comprehensively with best-of-class workflow solutions from one of the leading Asana Certified Pro consultants worldwide.
"Larry introduced Asana to our firm and it has immeasurably improved our ability to be consistently focused, organized and effective in managing work across the company. Now we can't imagine business without it. Larry's customized demos were instrumental in getting our CEO to be an initial champion of the tool. He was a hands-on trainer for our early adopters and created self-study tutorials that are the foundation for how we on-board new users today. He helped us develop the architecture for complex initiatives and created project templates that helped us get off the ground."
"Your one-hour JumpStart provided many rich insights and I will keep building on the help you provided. So far, I’ve incorporated Milestones and Status Updates to our heavy project workload. This has allowed me a better understanding of what’s happening at any given time. I look forward to working with you again."
Flexible Reporting with Asana2Go
Larry conceived, designed, and developed the Asana2Go app which allows you to copy, export and print from Asana flexibly. It is free for most private and commercial use, well-reviewed (all 5-Star ratings), and popular (over 7k installations).
"Ground-breaking . . . [A] great reporting tool."
"It does reporting just the way Asana should be doing."
"Really impressed. . . . [A] lot of requests . . . will be solved by this tool."
I enjoy working with nonprofits large and small at a reduced rate and sometimes pro bono.
Organizing work that matters: Free, drop-in AMA for Nonprofits with Asana Expert Larry Berger [Virtual]
Most 1st and 3rd Wednesdays of the month, nonprofits can get Asana-related questions answered for free during informal, virtual "Ask Me Anything" recurring events
Asana for Nonprofts Resource Links
Use this handy set of links to learn about and access complete Asana-for-nonprofits info as well as a few general Asana resources
Featured Articles and Videos by Larry
Tackle (almost) anything in Asana: Step-by-step
Learn a recipe of easy-to-follow steps to design and implement any new workflow or process in Asana. Tired of getting lost or running into dead ends when you build something new in Asana? In this workshop, you'll learn a recipe of easy-to-follow steps to design and implement any new workflow or process in Asana. You'll walk away with repeatable best practices and rules of thumb for properly structuring your individual and team projects in Asana so you and your team can more easily reach your goals.
This workshop delivers a great deal of value in a practical way, organized into these three sections:
- Asana’s building blocks • Key points
- Recipe to architect (almost) anything • Putting it all together
- Project checklist • Rules of thumb for any Project
Asana Mind: 100+ Tips and Tricks from Asana experts
This free eBook is the result of my collaboration with several other top Asana Forum Leaders.
It's jam-packed with content for users of all levels--how-to's, use cases, and many highly-creative tips and tricks that will keep you on your toes. You can either read/skim it like a book, or treat it as more of a reference by using the detailed table of contents to jump around by clicking on the chapter titles.
Click the cover or the link above, fill out the short form (don't worry, if you say you don't want to be contacted, you won't be contacted), and you’ll get the download link upon form submission in the confirmation message.
Your Simple (or Advanced) Strategy for Asana’s Updated My Tasks
This comprehensive article on My Tasks, for both experienced and new Asana users:
- Outlines a simple but highly functional My Tasks setup with brief, step-by-step setup and use instructions,
- Explores an advanced My Tasks approach–the one I actually use–that I feel is unique yet has wide applicability, and
- Offers a survey of other “best of” My Tasks approaches. If the previous two examples aren’t your cup of tea, surely something here will be to your liking.
There’s more along the way, including a generous helping of tips and best practices.
In summary, this article will give you a quick, simple playbook, along with advanced and alternate approaches, to restore the lost functionality (automatic task promotion) you’ve been used to (or, for newer users, that you’ll want to add) and leverage the new customizations available.
Architectural Balance in Asana (eBook Free Chapter)
This chapter helps you decide how to set up your work in Asana.
Asana often provides more than one way to accomplish something. This is good: we can do more with Asana as a result. But there’s a downside too: How can we avoid less-desirable solutions, and especially ones that even may lead to dead ends?
“Should I make this a Project or a Team?” This question, and others like it, comes up often when starting something new in Asana, for both novices and experts alike. And it’s really just the tip of the iceberg.
How can you envision the structural, big-picture view of what you want to accomplish and translate that into an architectural framework in Asana that will enable your workflows, processes and information repository needs durably and flexibly, now and as they scale?
Creating Goals (OKRs) in Asana: Clarification and Best Practices
This article offers some helpful explanations and simple best practices to pave the way for putting Asana’s Goals feature to immediate use, especially for OKRs (Objectives and Key Results).
Not Impressed With This Website?
We do not have the eye-catchers you have in mind; with us, the buyers are not disappointed by entering the shop and finding nothing more than was hung up outside.
-- Letter from Seneca to his friend Lucilius (XXXIII.3-4)
Asana is a trademark and service mark of Asana, Inc., registered in the U.S. and in other countries.